We develop leaders at all levels so that they can increase capacity and capabilities over time. Customize an executive coaching program today. Set up a Consulting Discovery Call.
- Assess and provide feedback on personal strengths and development needs
- Exercise better judgment and decision-making
- Capitalize on team strengths while reducing vulnerabilities
- Experience greater employee engagement and influence
- Build and sustain higher performing and resilient teams
- Impact on the bottom-line
Whether you need to increase leadership capacity or performance, contact us to set up a complimentary Consulting Discovery Call.
We work with newly launched intact teams, project teams, and underperforming teams (experiencing chronic or unresolved conflicts, restructured teams, breaking down silos), or demoralized teams due to organizational change. We provide:
- Customized, comprehensive, and confidential team needs assessment
- Three to twelve months of consulting and coaching targeting specific team needs
- Individualized leadership coaching
- Facilitated on-site meetings and off-site retreats
Customize a Team Effectiveness (organizational development) program today. Set up a Consulting Discovery Call
- Keep meetings on track to meet objectives
- Accelerate team startups and sustain high performance
- Establish annual goals aligned with organizational priorities
- Garner consistent ownership and support of team decisions
- Dissolve dysfunctional dynamics and improve team cohesion and trust
- Reduce bottlenecks and increase service quality
- Improve team agility in response to change
- Enhance employee engagement, retention, and resilience
- Design an organizational structure to better support objectives
- Assess talent bench strength and create qualified succession plans
- Sharpen focus and enhance overall alignment and direction
- Break down organization/department/team silos
- Increase collaboration among departments
- Develop a long-term strategic plan
- Re-design and improve sub-optimal processes
- Increase accountability
- Establish momentum
Rates for organizational consulting vary depending on type of engagement and location. Whether your team needs a tune-up or a total transformation, contact us to set up a complimentary Consulting Discovery Call to discuss your particular needs.
- Team Start-Up
- Team Planning
- Team Re-Boot
- Team Building Retreat
- Team foundations
- Establishing team charter
- Team design and structure
- Creating team Mission, Vision, and Values
- (Re)establishing Team Norms
- Team operations
- Building team goals
- Identifying key performance indicators and measurable objectives
- Clarifying roles
- Decision-making processes
- Conflict resolution
- Team integration (with organization and/or other departments)
- Creating partnerships and collaboration
- Strategically aligning to support organizational priorities
- Creating a service culture
Talent Management Programs
We develop award winning enterprise-wide programs. Customize a Talent Management program today. Set up a Consulting Discovery Call to discuss the best program for your organization.
Increasingly, organizations beginning to focus attention on the development of internal capacity to offer their workforce career coaching and mentorship programs as a way to attract, develop, and retain the next generation of talented employees. We developed a national award-winning mentorship program for Association for Talent Development-San Diego chapter (ATD, formerly ASTD) that is still running strong after 15 years. We’ve also established a Career Coaching & Development Center for a Fortune 500 company that has served over 350 employees in three years. If you’re considering investing in this strategy yet struggling with where to begin, we can help. Contact us to set up a complimentary Consulting Discovery Call to discuss designing and setting up your own program.
- Create a strategic program plan that aligns with company objectives
- Garner leadership support
- Clarify your coaching and mentoring program philosophy
- Prioritize and segment your target audience(s)
- Establish selection criteria and process for participation
- Identify metrics for success
- Establish a client intake and coach or mentor matching process
- Design the service delivery workflow from beginning to end
- Decide on an effective client tracking system
- Develop necessary program materials
- Determine an internal marketing and communication strategy
If you’re considering investing in this strategy yet struggling with where to begin, we can help. Contact us to set up a complimentary Consulting Discovery Call to discuss designing and setting up your own program.
- GROUP COACHING (6-8 members)
- Ideal for providing valued leaders and individual contributors with a powerful peer support and accountability system for business skills and/or career management
- EMERGING LEADER PROGRAMS
- Ideal for developing High Potential leaders as part of organizational talent management strategy to support succession planning and organizational changes.
- LEADER ASSESSMENT & COACHING CENTER (VIRTUAL)
- Ideal for organizations wanting to enhance performance management,leader and employee development efforts with professional and confidential expert services
- COACHING CENTER DESIGN
- Ideal for organizations wanting to establish or strengthen their internal capacity to facilitate talent readiness and mobility
- MENTORSHIP PROGRAM DESIGN
- Ideal for organizations or departments who wish to establish an effective mentorship program for employees
- SUCCESSION PLANNING DESIGN & FACILITATION
- Ideal for organizations who recognize the importance of ensuring a strong bench by planning for future talent needs and business continuity
- COACHING CULTURE CONSULTING
- Ideal for organizations who wish to establish or strengthen a coaching culture
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT CONSULTING
- Ideal for organizations wanting to identify strategies for improving enterprise-wide employee engagement
Let’s explore which workshop is right for your organization and let’s customize one for you. Schedule a Consulting Discovery Call.
Ideal for organizations wanting to improve employee engagement and talent mobility provide career development support to early to mid-career professionals. Participants will learn key essentials from an expert career coach on how to move from struggle to success within your organization including strategies successful individuals use to advance and lead fulfilling careers. Participants will also gain access to 24 exercises, templates, and tools they can use immediately to enhance their learning and support their specific career challenges and goals.
Ideal for organizations wishing to provide employees with job search support during periods of change including high growth, restructuring, re-deployment, or layoffs. Participants are provided with an overview of your organization’s selection process (as applicable) for promotions and lateral moves. The heart of the workshop focuses on job search best practices including a hands-on opportunities to improve their resumes and practice their interview skills. Employees are also equipped with strategies for how to effectively manage the rollercoaster of emotions that typically accompany periods of significant change.
Ideal for professionals seeking to explore potential career options and learn tools for effectively navigating their career journey. Is “career growth and development” one of the lowest ratings on your employee engagement survey? Are your managers spread to thin to provide the career guidance your employees crave? Help your employees move from struggle to success with greater self-awareness, inspiration, and motivation! In this two-day seminar facilitated by author and career expert Mike Gellman, employees will gain the tools for taking charge of their own career while supported in a highly engaging and interactive classroom environment. The class includes career assessments, personal reflection, facilitated discussion, and practical individual/group exercises. This workshop is designed for working professionals at any stage of their career.
Ideal for organizations who are frustrated with the unrealistic expectations and attitudes of their employees who are dissatisfied with their lack of advancement. You know that employees have blind spots holding them back—their self-defeating attitudes affecting how they show up in the workplace. Employees often aren’t aware of how their daily mindset negatively or positively impacts their careers. If this sounds like employees within your organization, then you definitely want to offer them this workshop and add some additional tools and strategies to their career management toolkit. The workshop will use interactive exercises to address one of the most overlooked aspects of managing one’s career successfully within your organization—the underlying beliefs and attitudes that affect their behavior and performance at work.
Ideal for organizations wanting to increase employee abilities in holding emotionally-laden, high stakes conversations. This course teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), participants will learn how to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on decisions with unity and commitment.
Ideal for organizations wanting to enhance leader and peer abilities in conducting effective performance-related conversations. This course teaches a straightforward, step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. It uses video, group discussions, skill practice, and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
Ideal for organizations wanting to enhance leader and project manager capabilities in successfully initiating and influencing significant organizational changes. By drawing from the skills of many of the world’s best change agents and combining them with five decades of social-science research, this course creates a powerful and portable model for behavior change. Participants will learn how to identify the high-leverage behaviors they should focus on, diagnose the real causes behind behavior problems, effectively motivate and enable others—regardless of formal authority, and create behavior-change strategies that yield rapid, lasting results.
Ideal for organizations or teams who wish to work more effectively together and achieve superior results. Based on Patrick Lencioni’s internationally best-selling leadership fable The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, this assessment-based program focuses on putting The Five Behaviors™ model into practice. This program also utilizes workplace personality assessments to help participants better understand how individual personalities contribute to team development.
Don’t see what you need? We have a breadth and depth of experience in developing employees and leaders. Contact us about creating and customizing a program to meet your organization’s specific talent development needs.
® Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability & Influencer are registered trademarks of VitalSmarts. Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ is a registered trademark of Wiley.
Orange County Biotech Company
I really enjoyed the crucial conversation class. Thanks Mike.
Director, Master Meter Customer Program
Thank you for doing a great job facilitating the Healthy Organizations workshop for our Mobilehome Park Program Project team…you discussed our results and some possible blind spots and inconsistencies where we can improve. This gave the team a lot to think about and ideas on how to improve moving forward…your ability to present, probe, and guide the team discussions gave all of us new insights and ideas. Thank you!
San Diego Unified School District
The entire workshop was very well presented and motivating. Thank you for a very well spent morning!
William L. Neil
Principal, Millennial Tech Middle School
Awesome workshop on building positive, reactive, and growth mindset. Thanks for bringing these strategies to light.
Workshop activity was at perfect timing and motivated me to take action!
Vice Principal at San Diego Unified School District
During the spring of 2017, I had the opportunity to attend one of Mike's workshops and truly felt that it helped me to transition from position into another in the field of education. I was able to develop my interviewing skills and make significant improvements to my resume. I was also able to connect with some wonderful-likeminded leaders in education. His help made all of the difference.
M. Martin Jr.
Vice Principal, SDUSD
It helped boost my confidence in the process of seeking employment for the future. It also helped me tap into my interview skills again. I also was able to network with some of my colleagues to encourage and support one another during this very challenging, stressful and uncertain time.
Did you know…?
Mike recently served as one of six judges from around the world for the International Coach Federation’s PRISM award to identify and spotlight organizations who have established strong coaching cultures with positive impacts while fulfilling rigorous professional standards.
Mike provided MBTI and Birkman Method insight that helped me align my skills and behaviors to lead with passion, clarity and effectiveness.
Operations Support Mgr.
When I first began working with Mike I was challenged with being a new manager with two poor performing employees in a small team. Mike was extremely helpful…It led to a deeper understanding of who I am as a leader and…how I view my team and what I expect from them. I am now more direct when it comes to issues of performance. I am able to articulate a specific issue with an employee in a constructive way that leads to dialogue about how to improve. Very satisfied
Executive Coaching Client
Fortune 500 organization
The value and impact of the coaching has helped to stabilize my work system which has helped to improve relationships with my team and my organization. My coach helped me realize that with concentrated effort, I have the power to solve nearly any challenge that may arise. Very satisfied.
Learning & Organizational Development Consultant
On one particular project…we partnered to bring about culture change in a large division of 600 employees. Mike is an outstanding partner and consultant, facilitator and thinker. He listens and he challenges the status quo, he supports and he pushes back, all without ego and with the client's needs up front and center. It is refreshing to see him in action.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mike as a client…He has a wealth of tools for different situations, but, more importantly, has the intuition and sensitivity to adjust his approach as he dives deeper into the engagement. He has a passion for helping clients and is an intense and empathetic listener. If you’re not looking for a “cookie cutter” or “canned” solution, Mike is the resource that can help.
Finance, Strategy, & Corporate Devt. Executive
Mike is a highly talented organization development advisor. He helped my group in several areas including goal setting and prioritization, team collaboration, leadership development, etc…He comes well prepared to the meetings and always follows-up on action items. He has pretty impressive knowledge about various human resource, leadership, and organization development issues.
Carl Villareal, Claims Liability Mgmt. Manager
San Diego Gas & Electric
I was challenged with interpersonal conflicts among some of my staff members, which had an adverse effect on overall department morale…The results came to fruition and we were 100% satisfied with its success. That success came in large part due to Mike’s remarkable talents, great communication skills and patience. We still model the basic elements of Mike’s resolution plan as our day-to-day practices interpersonal communication standard.
Attending has helped me to balance my emotions, to move from the confused, upset state to one of acceptance and read to prepare to move forward.
Center Administrator San Diego Unified School District
Attending the workshop was a real eye opener for me; particularly since I have not applied and interviewed for a job for many years. The strategies for interviews and writing/enhancing resume was real intriguing.
Vice Principal Monroe Clark Middle School
I gained valuable insight into my interviewing skills and great suggestions to update my resume. It was also nice to be around peers in my situation.