Our Coaching Process
Prospective Clients ...getting Started is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1 – Schedule an initial Career Discovery session
Our Career Discovery session will be 30 minutes. It’s intended to give you a better understanding of who I am and how I may help. Likewise, the Career Discovery session helps us assess your situation together. It gives me a better indication who you are and what you want to accomplish.
Step 2 – Complete a brief Career Discovery Session Questionnaire
For prospective clients, please complete a brief questionnaire prior to our first call. It’s available here. This enables us to focus our efforts and maximize our time together.
We will address the following:
- Discuss goals you hope to achieve through coaching
- Conduct a brief coaching demo around a particular issue (if desired)
- Answer any questions you may have about the coaching process
- Assess whether or not our expertise and coaching style matches your particular needs
- Consider other services and resources that may support your needs
Step 3 – Establish a professional Coaching Agreement
Once we decide that we will work together, I will send you a Coaching Agreement for you to review, sign, and return to me.
The agreement typically includes the following:
- Scheduling of coaching sessions and logistics
- Scope of services to be provided (including use of any assessment tools or other resources)
- Payment terms
- Roles and responsibilities
- Confidentiality and conduct*
*We pledge to uphold the ICF Code of Ethics that you can read here.
Coaching sessions typically start off by briefly checking in on the status of previous commitments and clarifying the focus for the time available.
Clients typically will be asked to prepare in advance for upcoming individual or group sessions. Preparation typically involves one or more of the following activities:
- Reviewing and following through on personal commitments made in previous coaching sessions
- Tackling an assignment designed to stretch the client
- Reflecting on accomplishments since the previous coaching session
- Identifying a primary area of focus for the upcoming coaching session
Activities and commitments are typically client-inspired, voluntary, negotiable, and are intended to help clients focus and hold themselves accountable in order to make measurable progress towards their goals. One of the focus and accountability tools I use is a Client Prep Form. Click here to see a sample.
Career Coaching for Highly Motivated Employees & Leaders
- Advance your career
- Take your performance to a new level
- Discover a more fulfilling career path
- Achieve greater satisfaction and success
How We Can Help
We assist a diverse array of clients including business professionals, athletes, students, and military veterans. The common denominator for individual and group coaching is a commitment to focusing on the client’s agenda. While not an exhaustive list, below are some common topics that we explore with various types of clients. We can help you:
- Attain clarity with your career goals
- Identify and explore potential career paths that are more fulfilling
- Establish a sense of direction
- Identify your true calling
- Increase visibility among senior leaders and influencers
- Better position yourself for leadership and other promotional opportunities
- Increase visibility and position yourself for a raise and other bonuses
- Create a career development action plan
- Attain greater satisfaction in your current position
- Get clear on your passions and personal strengths
- Explore career interests and ways to research them
- Deepen awareness of motivators and de-motivators
- Take your job performance to the next level
- Uncover blind spots that may be affecting your career progress
- Recover from on-the-job and off-the-job setbacks
- Improve relationships at work
- Create a compelling vision that motivates you
- Identify and work through limiting beliefs that may be holding you back from your dream career
- Establish better work-life balance
- Successfully navigate organizational politics
- Let go of things that no longer serve you
- Increase your marketability and consideration for special assignments or projects
- Prepare for an upcoming interview and debrief lessons learned from previous interviews
- Develop your resume
- Learn how to spot career and developmental opportunities and size them up
- Influence and shape your personal brand/reputation at work
- Determine how to transition from one career or industry to a new one
Our Promise to You
We maintain the utmost respect for our clients and we recognize that being a trusted confidante is an essential to a successful relationship. We will be up front with you if there's anything that we may be obligated to share with third parties (e.g. harm to yourself or others, criminal activity). You can count on us as trustworthy partners and to be non-judgmental and a provide a safe haven for your deepest concerns.
We are seasoned coaches with a solid foundation in handling a variety of sensitive work situations. You can count on us to continually invest in our own learning and development as coaches. This includes having our own coach, attending seminars, and incorporating the best methods and tools to accelerate your development.
Sometimes it is difficult for clients to obtain honest feedback that others may find difficult to deliver. You can count on us to provide you with clear and candid feedback that you can use to help you accelerate your personal/professional growth.
We believe that our clients hold most of the answers. Our role is to facilitate our clients’ discovery process and help them achieve their goals through assessments, action plans, and assignments. You can count on us to help you brainstorm solutions to your workplace/career challenges.
We genuinely care about your success and aim to make every client feel valued. Our goal is to help clients realize their potential. You can count on us to listen deeply to your concerns and have your best interests at heart. Sometimes coaching calls for artfully challenging your assumptions, beliefs, and/or actions that appear inconsistent or interfere with your intentions and goals. Other times, we may also invite you to stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone or query you if you fail to follow-through on a commitment. This is a way of helping you hold yourself accountable and working your plan.